“Don’t be slutty, don’t have sex. But be sexy. If you’re too sexy though and you get raped, then that’s your own fault because you’re not actually supposed to listen to us about being sexy, even though we tell you your value is derived from how sexy you are. If you get into a position of power, we will assume that you used your sex appeal to get there and not your brains and we will mock you even though we told you the only thing that mattered was your sex appeal. Make yourself accessible to me, but holy shit stop being so desperate and needy. Don’t be a tease. If we want to have sex with you, don’t friendzone us, even though we just fucking told you not to have sex.”—patriarchy proverb (via stfueverything)
What if oxygen is poisonous and it just takes 75-100 years to kill us?
My science teacher said he thinks that’s true actually
Yeah this is actually pretty much exactly what is going on. It’s why anti-oxidants are such a big deal. Bonus fact: oxygen oxidizes stuff in your cells or, in other words, it’s not toxic, just setting you on fire
“1. Self loathing is not tragically beautiful, it is miserable. It is poison.
2. It may be cliché, but a little sunshine can go a long way.
3. A collection of scars will never put your body in a museum.
4. Loving somebody with all you have leaves you with no energy for yourself.
5. You are not your body. You are your memories and experiences and beliefs and dreams all contained in a body.
6. Making a baby smile will always put clouds in your footsteps and faeries in your heart.
7. Having weaknesses does not mean that you are a weak person.
8. Just because you love somebody does not mean that they are good for you.
9. If you’re not angry about anything, you’re not paying enough attention.
10. Write the story of your life. There is always someone who will want to read it.
11. Fat is not a feeling. Fat is not a feeling. Say it until you believe it.
12. Taking blood out of your veins will not make you any less empty.
13. When you’re sad, stop and talk to flowers. They’re surprisingly good listeners.
14. You will never know your expectations until you fall short of them.
15. Not everything has a happy ending. It’s best to accept that and live for things that do.
16. Nothing is ever broken beyond repair.”—"Sixteen Things I Learned After Turning Sixteen," by Casey Shanahan (via stardustfaery)
“Никой не може да каже какво точно те превръща в друг човек. Никой не може с думи да опише онзи тъжен и самотен период от живота ти, прекаран в ада. Няма рецепти как да се промениш. Просто оцеляваш. Или умираш.”— Стивън Кинг, “Сблъсък” (via tired-wings-mk)
if you were invisible, would you still be able to see with your eyes closed??
THIS FUCKING TEXT POST JUST STARTED THE BIGGEST DEBATE IN MY MATHS CLASS BECAUSE I READ IT OUT LOUD AND WE HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT A) YES YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE IN THEORY BUT B) YOU WOULDN’T BE TO SEE BECAUSE THE LIGHT WOULD PASS THROUGH YOU AND THEREFORE PASS THROUGH YOUR RETINA.
All I want for Christmas is a cabin in the mountains with lots of big windows and a huge porch with a view and deep trails in the woods around it for running and hiking and biking and exploring and a lake nearby for kayaking and pretty sunrises and a free schedule to draw and paint and cook.
BEST FRIENDS YOU DON’T GET TO TALK TO VERY OFTEN BC YOU’RE BOTH JUST REALLY BUSY WITH SCHOOL OR WHATEVER BUT ITS NOT A BIG DEAL BC YOURE STILL THE BEST OF FRIENDS NO MATTER WHAT, ARE THE BEST KINDS OF FRIENDS IN THE WHOLE WORLD